water damager

3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Leave Home Water Damage Untreated


A very common misconception that homeowners often have is that just simply cleaning up surface water is enough to stop any other damages from occurring. We’re here to tell you that is is not always the case, and without identifying and stopping the source there is likely still water damage in the home.

Our Top 3 Reasons Why You Should Never Leave Home Water Damage Untreated

  1. You’re Property Value Will Immediately Begin to Decrease

    If your home has been affected by water damage, it is very likely that structural damage has also occurred. Additionally, if there are water stains on the ceilings or walls, an appraisers will immediately identify the damage, no matter how many layers of paint you have covered it with.

  2. Mold. Everywhere.

    Did you know that mold can grow within 24-48 hours if giving the proper environment? That’s why it is so important to act upon water damage as fast as possible. Once mold is present in the home it can cause severe health issues to you, your family, and your pets.

  3. Structural Damage

    Depending on the amount of water in the affected area, structural damage can occur. The water in combination with the mold will eat away at the wood structure, which can be quite costly to repair.