Capital Restoration is a restoration company in the Marietta, Atlanta, GA area. We are a IICRC firm with certified water damage restoration technicians on call 24/7. We are fast to respond and remove the water in your home or business and dry your property fast. The goal with the water damage restoration process is to act fast so you don't have any future mold issues.
Water Damage Removal Process
- Immediately remove any potential salvageable items from the water damage area (cloths, furniture, electronics)
- Call a professional restoration company to begin the restoration process immediately
- Call your insurance agent to report the damage and potentially file a loss. Let them know you have professional help on the way.
- The restoration company arrives and begins the water removal extraction
- The restoration company will place the furniture on blocks and remove other contents from the affected water damage area
- Remove any damage building material such as carpet, carpet pad, baseboard, etc.
- Place drying equipment according to IICRC drying specifications to dry the home or business as quickly as possible
- The restoration company tracks the drying progress daily, taking photos and documenting the moisture content of all wet areas
- Once the area is dry, the drying equipment is removed
- After the home or business is dry, Capital Restoration can repair your property after the water damage. We will arrive after your property had been dried to write you a repairs estimate and work with your insurance adjuster to agree on the scope of work and price.
Mold Damage as a Result of Water Damage
We all know that mold damage is a hazard health issue. But not all of us know how mold grows and how important a role water plays in mold growth. The truth is when you discover water damage in your home, you are one step away from also having mold damage in your home. Mold needs three things to grow;
- Food source - organic sources
You can have mold grow in your home after finding water damage within 24-48 hours. Capital Restoration responds fast to begin the water removal process. By responding fast, Capital Restoration minimizes the water damage while also reducing the chance of having mold damage in your home.
Types of Water Damage
Uncontaminated at it's source and poses no threat to people who come in contact with it. Example; water from sink overflow
Could contain contaminants and could cause discomfort or illness to people who are exposed to it. Example; discharge from dishwasher.
Contaminated water and could cause serious illness or death to people exposed to it. Example; sewage spills, flood water.